If you weren't familiar with the whole train travel process, and what exactly is the PNR train condition, then this might just be a ready account. PNR means 'record traveler name'. It is a 10-digit number printed on your ticket. The PNR status on Indian Railways, serves as a unique identity for all passengers traveling by IRCTC.
It is interesting to note that whether you book your ticket online or through a railway station meter, the PNR number is always assigned to you. In the event that you happen to be in a group – a maximum of six passengers can be booked under one PNR number.
Often when you are new to the world of train travel, and you can book your ticket on the IRCTC website, you must know the details of the ten-digit number on your e-ticket. Here we try to address some basic questions that usually arise in the mind of the passenger.
First, what kind of information is included in the passenger names registry of the Indian Railways for Catering and Tourism? (IRCTC)
– Personal details of the passenger, such as name, age and gender.
– Other details related to the card such as travel date, train number, class of travel and marina, in addition to the bus, seat number and itinerary.
– Information such as, transaction details, along with payment status, transaction ID and ticket fees.
It is interesting to note that the number of PNR can be divided into two parts. Here's how.
1. PNR has two parts – the three numbers in the beginning and the last seven numbers. The first three digits of the PNR usually refer to the passenger reservation system usually known as PRS, from which your ticket is booked.
2. The first number of the PNR number depends on the area from which the train is trained. It could be New Delhi, Chennai, Secunderabad, Mumbai or Kolkata. For example, if a ticket is booked from Calcutta, then the first number of PNR should be 6. Moreover, the next two numbers of PNR will depend on the PRS center in Kolkata.
3. The last seven numbers are randomly generated, but they are exclusive and unique to the individual passengers / group of travelers.
How IRCTC PNR STATUS works
So now you know the basics of PNR number. Let us understand how it works. On every occasion you book a train ticket from the IRCTC website, or from other special locations or from the ticket office at the train station, a special PNR number is generated. Now, this particular number is entered into the CRIS database or railway information systems center, which will keep all travelers' information. But wait! What is the status of PNR? Here's what you need to know:
The PNR status of the individual train tells you whether or not the ticket has been confirmed.
Here is a handy guide on PNR codes and their detailed meanings:
Confirmation (CNF): This means that for travel, you have a confirmed seat on the train in question. When confirmed, the seat number is assigned when preparing the drawings.
CANC: This means that the seat booked by the passenger has been canceled.
Reservation Against Cancellation (RAC): The RAC ticket will only be issued once all seats have been banned, meaning that the reserved seat is on the waiting list. Now if you get lucky and one of the original reservations is canceled, you still get the seat and confirm it! Another, if not, you must share the seat with another traveler.
How to check PNR Live status
Just follow these simple steps.
1. You can check the PNR status by going to the official IRCTC website. So log in and press IRCTC on the address bar.
2. On the page that appears, click 'PNR Inquiry' link.
3. Then, enter your specified PNR number and click the 'Send' tab.
4. Show your PNR status.
These days, to save the hassle of logging in and checking PNR status on the website, you can simply get it via SMS (Short Message Service) from your mobile phone. To do so, send an SMS in one of the following formats:
1) '10-digit number and send it to 5676757
2) '10-digit number and send it to 139.
Another way to query PNR status is to use Android apps. There are specific apps in the Play Store that allow you to check PNR status. Just download an app to your smartphone and check the status of PNR.
More on PNR
Here are a few pointers:
– Do you know how to identify your PNR number on tickets? Well, the PNR number can be found in the upper-left corner on a printed copy of the ticket. However, on an electronic card, the PNR file will be mentioned directly in the top of the page in a different cell.
– Do you know what RLWL mode is? Well, tickets with a PNR status will be issued for stations located between the destination stations and their source. These stations have a different seat share.
What exactly is the prediction of the history of the traveler’s name record? If one does not initially get a confirmed seat, you can learn about the chances of obtaining a confirmed seat by predicting a PNR. This occurs by using legacy PNR data that is not open to the public. This PNR prediction takes advantage of data analytics and machine learning techniques to announce the winner! You can log in to various locations of Indian Railways to get PNR prediction.
1) Just enter your PNR number in the box
2) Click Submit
3) PNR prediction will be displayed based on traveler information.
Please note, the declared status is based on computer algorithms, and may be incorrect.
Now that you are armed with all possible information about PNR, go for easy planning of your next trip.